A powerful website is one of the most important tools a business owner has in their arsenal. Having a strong and authentic online presence is essential for gaining attention in the business world. Without it, businesses will continue to fly under the radar and never see their true potential success. With this guide, business owners will learn why a quality website is so integral for their business success.
Reasons a Quality Website Make a Business Shine
There are many reasons a quality website design is crucial for the success of a business. The eCommerce Foundation has reported around 88% of consumers research products and services online before they ever attempt to visit or contact a brick and mortar location.
This means the first impression a potential customer is going to have is the business’s website. A poorly designed website or one that is not functioning could cause customers to bounce and look elsewhere for products or services. The following are some reasons a stellar website is so essential in today’s online business climate.
- Having a solid website helps to set up a business as being an authoritative source in their industry niche. A website gives business owners the opportunity to let potential customers know their trustworthiness and why they should be chosen.
- A quality website allows a business owner to sell their products and services around the clock, offering them the chance for greater earnings. Running a brick and mortar location alone leads to gaps in availability. Providing access to its products and services at all times can greatly improve a company’s bottom line.
- When a company has a website and an online presence, they will be able to better market their business. There are many ways business owners can market their business to gain attention from potential customers.
- Having a website allows business owners to work on their SEO strategies so they rise in rank on search engine result pages. A higher rank means potential customers are more likely to contact the company for their products and services when they need them. Higher ranks lead to greater traffic on the website.
- Businesses need a website because it will offer a higher level of convenience for their customers. Most people dread getting out and going store to store for the products and services they require. Being able to learn information and shop in the comfort of their own home compels people to buy more.
- As Bill Gates has been quoted as saying, “If your business is not on the Internet, then your business will be out of business”. A website helps business owners to create a competitive edge against their competition, and this is crucial for a company that wants to make its mark in the business arena.
- A professional website will also help business owners to improve their level of customer service. Employees often spend a lot of time answering customer questions and helping them with orders. A website can provide needful answers for customers and dramatically improve a company’s customer service rating.
- Business owners can use their websites to gain and display customer testimonials and reviews. Most consumers read company website reviews before making a decision on purchasing a product or service. A website helps company owners to keep their reviews and testimonials in one helpful place so their potential customers will see the value in their business.
With help from the right website design professionals, small business owners can see a dramatic increase in their traffic. In addition to creating a stellar website, company owners need to provide the highest level of quality content and keep their customers informed.
What Makes a Good Business Website?
There are a few criteria that are essential for any business website. A company’s website is often the first impression potential customers will get so it is important the website is expertly designed. The following criteria should be a part of any business website.
- The website should have an attractive design that is welcoming and professional. A simple and classy design is more likely to interest potential customers over a loud and obtrusive one.
- Simple navigation is essential for any business website. A company’s customers should be able to easily find what they are looking for without having to search all over the website. When customers cannot find what they need quickly, they are more likely to look for it elsewhere.
- Fast loading times are also important for any website. If a website takes more than a few seconds to load, consumers are more likely to leave. The patience level of most smartphone users is around three seconds so the pages most load ultra-fast.
- Helpful content must be an integral part of any website. This is not something that can be achieved on a one-time basis. Fresh and informative content must be added on a regular basis to ensure customers remain interested.
- Options for easy conversion are also important for a website. If a company wants its customers to make purchases or sign up for services, they must make it simple and fast for them.
Hiring a Website Designer Is Wise
While some company owners take a DIY approach towards website development, this often leads to lackluster results at best. Hiring the professionals ensures every aspect of the website is designed with the highest level of skill and intuitive thought.
Having a website is almost as important as having a business license. Business owners who are operating without a strong online presence are missing out on a large population of potential customers.
With a website in place, you can dramatically boost your business and see greater levels of traffic than ever before. Your website becomes an online extension of your business, and it can lead to great returns in a short amount of time.
Getting help from a professional website designer is integral for creating the strong and professional online image you want to portray to potential customers. With the help of a website designer, your business will begin to flourish.